Sunday, August 15, 2010

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long

Today's song brought to you by the letters A, D, C, and delightful Monica Lee!

Thanks for having me as a guest on your blog Woody!
Todays' song is an all time favourite of mine and barely needs an introduction. No matter where I am, every time I hear that guitar intro it sends chills down my spine and the sudden urge to jump up and start dancing takes over! 

The song was originally released in 1980 (4 years prior to my birth) on the Back in Black Album. A signature hit of AC/DC it was re released in 1986.  Shook Me All Night Long became a pub anthem, not only in Australia but around the world.  
Still rocking the charts, in 2010 the song was ranked # 5 on Melbourne's Triple M Radio station's Ultimate Rock Countdown.
Now living in California, I don't get to hear as much Aussie music as I would like, however this song (and many other AC/DC songs) get plenty of love over here in the USA. Every time it plays, I suddenly become the loudest one in the bar/pub singing word for word, what I consider to be one of the best songs of all time! 
Enjoy! xo xo
Monica Lee Paige





Back in BlackHighway to Hell (Dlx)

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails