Monday, August 9, 2010

Bon Iver - Skinny Love

Bon Iver stands out as one of my all time favourite gigs, as everything Justin Vemon and co do seems so powerful and heart felt. Seeing Vemon sing live at the Sydney recital hall was one of the single greatest moments of my life. If you've ever seen them live then I'm sure you've had a similar experience.

The haunting soft sound of the band playing while a crowd of a thousand people sit in absolute silence, in awe of what they are witnessing was certainly one of the most amazing gigs I've ever seen. Highlighted by the fact that the entire crowd was asked to join in for the final song, leaving half the audience in tears.

I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
Now all your love is wasted?
Then who the hell was I?
Now I'm breaking at the britches
And at the end of all your lines

Who will love you?
Who will fight?
Who will fall far behind?




Blood BankFor Emma, Forever Ago

3 comments:

  1. they do great T-shirts too, eh Duck.
    Callum from Master Chef programmed this song on the J's yesterday apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah, it certainly is one of my favourite t-shirts Trappy!
    And well spotted, this song got up thanks to Callum on the radio yesterday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did anyone say happy birthday to Bret on this site? August 9th 29 years ago, Bret was a weeny 51cm, 7lb 1oz little bub taking his first breath - sorry this is late Bret - i wasnt at my desk for several days!!

    have a wonderful 30th year my dear, sweet little man!

    ReplyDelete

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails