Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bliss N Eso - Bullet And A Target

Friends who know me may be confused by my choice today being the rock and indie lover that I am. But over the last 18 months I've really been getting into my old school hip-hop, and in that time I've also been extremely impressed with Sydney hip-hoppers Bliss n Eso.

Their lyrics are some of the smartest (in any genre of music), their rhymes are smooth and flow so damn well, and their beats, samples, orchestra, guitars and drums make for some of the finest tunes to come out of Australia.

They've got a new album out that's so damn good, but I thought I had to show off one of my favourites from the previous album first.

Bliss n Eso traveled to The Valley of A Thousand Hills to immerse themselves in the culture, and finish off this song they had started writing back in Sydney. The song was eventually released as a charity single with all proceeds going to a peer education program operating within the province of KZN.

It's a powerful tune, but most of the stuff these guys do is (even though it's tongue in cheek half the time).






Flying Colours

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails