Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Metallica - Enter Sandman

I saw a metal documentary last night that blew my mind and it got me thinking about when I first started to appreciate metal. I've always been more of a rock guy, but when I was about 15 a friend of mine gave me a cassette copy of Metallica's Black album, and boy did I thrash that.

From the opening track I was hooked. Their heavy guitar riffs and epic lyrics were something I was not used to. I created a mosh pit for one in my bedroom, head banging from wall-to-wall, jumping from my bed to the couch, throwing devil horns like they were going out of fashion.

A wise man once said 'metal doesn't exclude the freaks, it brings them together for one common goal, which is killer music. It makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. If you don't get it, you probably never will. And if you don't, that's cool, we're doing just fine without you'.

Hush little baby, don't say a word
Never mind that noise you heard
It's just the beasts under your bed
In your closet, in your head

Exit, light
Enter, Night
Take my hand
We're off to never-never land




MetallicaMaster of PuppetsRide the LightningDeath Magnetic

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails