Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Frightened Rabbit - Swim Until You Can't See Land

Frightened Rabbit are a pretty cool Scottish band. To be honest I didn't actually know of them until a few months ago, when they released their latest album, Winter Of Mixed Drinks. Safe to say, I'm now a fan.

They've been around since 2003 and sound beautiful - a slice of UK indie heaven. The song I've selected is off their latest album and it's easily one of my favourite tracks of the year so far. The rest of the album has shades of Idlewild, Build To Spill and Okkervil River, so as you could imagine, it's pretty damn good.

I had the chance to interview them for work when they were out here in Australia as part of the Laneway festival. That's why I've got two clips for today, one is the official song clip, and the second is filmed accoustic on the beach at Bondi, and the band is right, that is Sam from Home and Away.

He he, enjoy.





The Winter of Mixed DrinksThe Midnight Organ Fight

4 comments:

  1. Such a great choice - love their last album and really getting into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I'll have to get their previous albums Fidelma, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i love these guys - thanks Bret!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries Mum! Glad you're reading my blog. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails