Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guns N Roses - Sweet Child Of Mine

Tomorrow is National Record Store Day, a day put aside to celebrate local indie record shops that no doubt will go out of business unless you go along and actually buy something soon. So please do!

I thought it was a good chance to ask the readers what was the first album you ever bought from a record store. Mine was a second hand copy of Guns N Roses Appetite For Destruction (thanks Mum and Dad), I reckon I would have only been about 8 or 9, and I was so pumped, I made the whole family listen to it all the way home. I still have the tape and it's one of my prized possessions.

So here's one of the tunes from said album, which has stood the test of time, although we can't really say the same for the film clips or their newer tunes. But Axle did sort of go nuts so I guess that's expected.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this crackin' tune. And please comment on this page and let me know what your first album was.




Appetite for DestructionUse Your Illusion II

3 comments:

  1. The very first cassette tape I can remember having was 100% Hits 1984, it was brilliant (at the time) and had my favourite song on it "We built this City" (hey I was 4yrs old). Then my very first actual album was Madonna, "Like a Prayer" which I still love, although haven't listened to for a few years now. I got it for my 8th Birthday (1989).
    Ah! thanks for sending me down memory lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, nice one Jen. I've got '87 Hits Out on vinyl! Another 80's cracker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was another Metal Classic, Machine Head by Deep Purple. The Pommy groups were awesome at that time and my second album was Slade Alive.

    Speaking of live albums, my most prized musical possession is another Deep Purple album, Made in Japan. Lazy, Strange Kind of Woman, Smoke on the Water, Space Truckin' and Child in Time are my fav's. Ian Gillan was a vocal giant, which he proved on this live album.

    ReplyDelete

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails