Saturday, October 16, 2010

Eels - Novocaine For The Soul

I've always loved the Eels and this tune in particular, it reminds me of my teenage years listening to Triple J in my bedroom and staying up late to watch clips on Rage in the 90's.

Novocaine For The Soul was the very first single released by Eels and I always remember it for the cool clip of E and the band floating around as they sang and played their instruments.

It's the ideal overcast rainy day tune and gets it's laid back cruisy feel from a Fats Domino sample. The song is perfect for someone with a medicated soul who's paint by numbers life is fucking with their head. So just sit back in your chair and nod along in time with the music while watching the rain run down your window. Don't forget your comfort blanket!

Life is hard, and so am I, you better give me something so I don't die.




Beautiful FreakDaisies of the GalaxyBlinking Lights And Other RevelationsShootenanny

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails