Friday, September 30, 2011

Marcy Playground - Sex And Candy

I hadn't heard this song in a very very long time but the other day someone added it to a playlist and 1998 came rushing back to me.

I've never really listened to Marcy Playground or discovered any of their albums but I absolutely love this song.

It made it into Triple J's Hottest 100 for the year peaking at number 21 on the count down. They also had Saint Joe On The School Bus come it at number 71.

It was a great year for music although the Hottest 100 was forever tainted with Offsprings Pretty Fly (for a white guy) taking out the number one spot.

Looking back, Sex And Candy would have been a much better number one, has certainly stood the test of time a lot better than Pretty Fly. Well in my books anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails