Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Pretenders - Hymn To Her

Today's song (and story) is brought to you by a child of the earth, the travelling enigma, the happy go lucky cool dood, the ping pong winning, mate's stolen sock selling, legend that is - Finn.

I was riding a 125cc bike through Vietnam, from Hanoi to Aapa, on a mission to see the highest mountain in VN, Mt Fan Si Pan.

I was stopped in a small town, off the beaten track and taken in by the staff of a petrol station.

A friend of theirs was a teacher at the local area school. Without warning I was whisked to the school where they were having a party.

After having met the graduating class, it was announced that the principal wanted to meet me in his office.

I went as the guest of honour, and after a few minutes the principal requested that I sing a song.

I thought about it for a second and then said OK.

So there I was, standing in the principal's office, in a Vietnamese area school - I sung this song to the principal (a man).







The Pretenders - Greatest HitsPretenders

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails