Friday, April 8, 2011

The Walkmen - The Rat

I saw The Walkmen live at one of the Laneway Festivals a few years back now, and this song went off.

It's definitely the most played and well known tune from The Walkmen.

I really do like their underated 2010 album, Lisbon, but for me I just can't go past their 2004 release, Bows & Arrows, which features this tune.

The tempo is so jagged and addictive, but it's the lyrics and chorus that really do it for me.

You've got a nerve to be asking a favor
You've got a nerve to be calling my number
Can't you hear me, I'm bleeding on the wall?
Can't you see me, I'm pounding on your door?

Can't you hear me when I'm calling out your name?

When I used to go out, I would know everyone that I saw
Now I go out alone if I go out at all




Bows & ArrowsLisbon (Amazon MP3 Exclusive)

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails