Friday, August 26, 2011

Okkervil River - For Real

So I only just found out that Okkervil River are going to be back in Australia this October for part of the Melbourne Festival, with dates in Syd, Melb and Perth as well and I couldn't be more stoked!

I love these Austin rockers with all of my musical heart and six albums in I feel that they're extremely underrated here in the Aussie market. In fact I got messaged by a friend asking me if I was going to the gig as he was struggling to find anyone to tag along with him, thankfully he messaged the right person.

They've been to Australia a few times and every time now I've missed them as I've been interstate, so to say I'm excited about this gig would be an understatement!!!

I've picked For Real for today's blog, it's off their third album 'Black Sheep Boy' and is my absolute favourite Okkervil River tune. I hope you enjoy it as much as me and if you do, go along to a gig and check them out. I'm sure you'll end up as pumped as me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails