Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Brendan Benson - Metarie

He's not super well known out here in Australia, but plenty of people will know him as the other song who joins Jack White to make up the creative minds of The Raconteurs (The Saboteurs).

He's a fellow singer song writer from Detroit just like Jack White, and has four solo albums to his name.

I discovered Brendan on his second album, Lapalco, which this song is taken from.

I had no idea there was an alternative version until I started writing this post. The album I have features the alternative, and I have to say it's certainly my favourite. It's a beautiful tune, so give it a listen and let me know what you think.

For clarity I've included the original below also.






LapalcoThe Alternative to LoveMy Old Familiar Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails