Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Arcade Fire - Wake Up

Okay so my husband has started this blog and has been pestering me for weeks to put up my very own SOTD so here goes.

I remember the first time I ever heard Arcade Fire, I'd just started a new job and the album was left on iTunes from it's previous owner (Jade). As I riffled through I instantly fell in love with these guys.

Fast forward to 2008 and I'm sitting at home waiting for my husband to return from a trip to Melbourne - I get a phone call from my good friend Robbie telling me he has a spare ticket to see Arcade Fire that night at the Enmore Theater but tells me it's up to Bret and I to decide who should go.... lucky for me Bret was thousands of kilometers up in the sky. I couldn't get changed fast enough!

We had the best seats in the house, front row middle of the balcony and as I watched this husband and wife duo dance and sing along with their multi-talented band my heart skipped beats and my hips danced like crazy.

These guys put so much energy into their sets, they swap instruments and dance like crazy all while singing along to every song. I was so happy watching this theatrical performance unfold in front of me that I wanted to burst into tears and hug everyone in the room!

So here's my favourite song from that night, filmed live at the Enmore. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Much love... Kt




FuneralThe SuburbsNeon Bible

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing live show. Nice work Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks for ditching me Katie! Wish I went to this show. They were amazing at the BDO, but still need to see them intimately.

    ReplyDelete

linkin

Related Posts with Thumbnails